Tuesday 31 March 2015

The Nail Challenge Collaborative presents: Fashion - Oscar de la Renta


Hi all!

Those of you following the other NCC ladies might have seen this mani by Katee from A Girl and Her Polish. I really loved it and the inspiration. It does feel like spring! So when I was browsing the internet to get inspiration for my last fashion mani and saw this image I had to use it. It's like Katee's inspiration from the Spring 2015 collection by Oscar de la Renta.


The polishes:
  • Sinful Colors - 101 Snow Me White
  • Catrice - LE Hip Trip - C03 The Salmon Dance
  • Lucky 13 Lacquer - Elemental Ward

I also used a Bundle Monster stamping plate, plate BM-618 from the 2014 Create Your Own collection.



All nails except my ring fingernail has 3 coats of The Salmon Dance, and it still wasn't completely opaque as you can see. It wasn't that noticeable in real life though. The ringfinger has 2 coats of Snow Me White as a base. On my white nail I added stripes with a striping brush. One benefit of the Salmon polish being sheerish is that layering brought in the darker toned intersections easily. I used Snow Me White to stamp the flowery lace pattern on my thumb, middle and little finger. Clearly I'm not the best stamper... the blurriness is from my lack of skill. I ended with a coat of Elemental Ward.



Proof that the image plate itself is perfect and just my stamping skills leave me sometimes. Also, my nails are now getting slightly too long for the Bundle Monster images...don't mind the cat hair either.



Bonus: Cinderella hand! More proof that the image plate is etched well and sometimes I can stamp... I don't wear pink that often, but I did enjoy this mani, it must be because of spring and my need to wear soft pastel colours on my nails now...

More fashion down here!

7 comments: