Sunday 23 November 2014

The Nail Challenge Collaborative presents: Books - A Storm Of Swords & 52WPNMC - Books


Hi all!

Today I've got a mani inspired by the book I'm currently reading on my Kindle. I started this book more than a year ago while travelling to London with the Eurostar. After returning home I did not really give myself much time to read at all. I have too many hobbies *winks*. Having started my new job last week and travelling by train meant I could use my travel time to read. So I picked up where I left off.

The book I'm reading is A Storm Of Swords by George R.R. Martin (the third book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series). I have not watched the tv-series Game of Thrones based on these books (yet). I wanted to read the books first. I'll catch up one day.


The blues & the rest:
  • Catrice - 400 Blue Cara Ciao
  • China Glaze - 1152 Sunday Funday
  • Essence - LE Love Letters - 05 Inkheart
  • Sinful Colors - 101 Snow Me White
  • Glisten & Glow - HK Girl top coat


I started with a white base and sponged a sloppy gradient with Blue Cara Ciao, Sunday Funday and white. I mixed Blue Cara Ciao and Inkheart to get the blue for the sword, which I just painted on with a nail art brush. I topped it with my top coat.


I wrote the book title on my thumb nail with Inkheart and a thin nail art brush, not too bad, best nail if you ask me *winks*.



No conclusion today, my head is pounding from a headache and I can't think. Silly clogged sinuses go away! I feel like all I did today has been sneezing and blowing my nose. Bah. Seeing as Books is one of the prompt of this week's 52 Week Pick N Mix Challenge, I'm using this for both.

More Book inspired nail art down here!


2 comments: