Thursday 30 October 2014

52WPNMC - 80's


Hi all!

For this week we had the following two prompts: 80's and 3 dark colours. I decided to just go with 80's this week after I stumbled upon this pattern. Technically it even has 2 dark colours, so I'm almost there *winks*


Today's polishes:
  • Barry M - Nail Art Pen White
  • NYC - 003 Prey of Grey
  • W7 - 28 Black
  • La Femme Beauty - 132 Ultra Pink
  • La Femme Beauty - 128 Ultra Yellow
  • Max (Action) - Shocking Blue


I started with my base of Prey of Grey, 2 coats. Plan A was to make decals of the colours, but it didn't dry quick enough (ideally you make the decals hours in advance). Plan B was freehanding them. So I added white triangles with my nail art pen to make the neons pop. I filled them in with my neon polishes and a nail art brush. The only neon yellow and pinks I own are frosty and sheer, I had to go over the triangles twice to make them looks better. Using my striping brush and my black polish I added the black stripes. When it was dry (or so I thought) I added a coat of G&G HK Girl top coat. I smeared my black line on my index finger *grumbles*.



My black polish is getting thicker and goopy... I need some nail polish thinner. If any Dutchy knows where to get it, let me know, I have never seen it near nail polish supplies.



I really like this combination, although it would have looked sharper if I had had time for Plan A.

More 80's and/or dark colours down here!

10 comments: