Saturday 23 August 2014

Simple plaid

Hi all!

Yesterday I showed you OPI's Stir-Fried Eggplant. I wore this for a day and a half alone, before I added some accent nails.


Polishes I used:
  • OPI - NL 926 Stir-fried Eggplant
  • Essence - LE Superheroes -  05 Wonder Wow! Man!
  • Essence - LE Tribal Summer - 01 WAKA-WAKA


My base was 2 coats of Stir-fried Eggplant I wore for about 36-38 hours already, hence the tip wear. I wanted to use this week's Simples watercolour base, but it didn't show up well on this dark base. So I'll revisit that another time. But I did "water" down a drop of the gold and pink polish with some acetone and swiped it across my thumb and ringfingernails. Somewhere in the back of my mind I had remembered seeing the still image for the Catrice LE Check & Tweed nail art tutorial. I didn't watch the video before I did these, but it is similar. I used my thin striping brush to paint partial stripes across my nails, first in pink, then in gold. I applied G&G HK Girl top coat first, then mattified it after to prevent dragging.



I do think that the watercoloured smears make this more interesting.



These accent nails were very easy to do, the longest was waiting for it to dry to add the top coat and matte coat. I liked this type of design so much, I did it again for next week... for a sneak peak look here.

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! That polish is lovely and your nail art looks great (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like it when things like this happen.

      Delete