Sunday 17 August 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet - Science & #fightforlightandlive


Hi all!

Another FingerFood Theme Buffet mani today! New week with Science as prompt! Plus the nail community is posting green mani's today for Depression Awareness under #fightforlightandlive and science and green go together well! There are others who are much better at writing about depression, like The Crumpet. All I can say is that I have not experienced it first hand and feel sad that so many have to deal with it.

I am also using a glow in the dark polish today, not that I can photograph it, but I did a quick search behind the glow in the dark chemistry. Turns out that fluorescein sodium salt glows green and is often used, I do not know if this is in glow in the dark polishes at all, but that does not matter. It is the thought that counts!


Green and white for today:
  • Catrice - 11 Miss Piggy's BF
  • Lucky 13 Lacquer - Hulk Smash
  • Sinful Colors - 101 Snow Me White


On my thumb there are 3 coats of Hulk Smash, on my other nails I have a base of Miss Piggy's BF and then one coat of Hulk Smash. Next I created the molecule for Sodium Fluorescein on my nails. Finally a chance to use my hexagon studs! I did the white writing with a nail art brush and Snow Me White. I added HK Girl top coat to stick the studs on and seal the writing in.



It didn't really fit that well on my thumb unfortunately...



 For more Depression Awareness mani's, check this gallery:



And more Science related manis:

6 comments:

  1. LOVE how you used those hexagons, so clever, and thanks for the shout out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew how I wanted to use those studs since I bought them, just had not found the right time yet, but this is perfect, and *big hugs* to you, your post was lovely again, hence why I linked to it.

      Delete