Friday 25 July 2014

Oh Mon Dieu Part Deux - Roses


Hi all!

During the month of July the Oh Mon Dieu Part Deux (OMD2) Nail Art Challenge is hosted by Brijit from Brijits Digits, Jacqui from Craftynail, Jemma from Eeeek! Nail Polish! and Lindsay from Nail That Accent!. There are awesome prizes to be won just for joining up, no judging or voting involved! For more information how to enter read this page.

For today you'll see roses... for reasons only Whovians understand I thought of combining the 50th anniversary Doctor Who polish Lucky 13 Lacquer made with roses. Because we love Rose and her brief return in that episode even if she wasn't actually Rose to make it more complicated. This polish was limited edition, but perhaps it will return in the future for a limited time again, who knows? I bought it earlier this year on it's first return after the initial release.


Today's pretties:
  • Lucky 13 Lacquer - No More Gallifrey Falls
  • Catrice - 23 The Monkey Gets Funky
  • Catrice - 22 Bricky Mouse
  • Sinful Colors - 101 Snow Me White


I really wanted to wear this polish since I bought it, but wearing a thermal is just not the same with nubs. My nails have grown out nicely now, so I thought it would be a good idea to wear it...


I am wearing 3 coats of No More Gallifrey Falls, but 2 would have been fine as well. There is still some visible nail line in the warm state as you can see. I added some roses with the Catrice polishes (partly mixed with white). The reason I chose these polishes is because No More Gallifrey Falls has tiny flecks of pink (and gold) that matches them.



Unfortunately the weather lately has been very warm, so I did not see the cold state on my nails at all... and photographing them by dunking them in my cold beer (hey, I am a Dwarf deep inside, plus it was home brewed by my Dwarven hubby) was tricky. So the photo up there was after a dunk... cold state disappeared very fast. Bottom two photos are taken in the morning after holding my hands in front of the a/c unit for a while (we dislike this hot weather so much we finally bought a portable one to cool the room we are in).



I'll revisit this polish in autumn when the new Doctor Who season has started (it starts August 23rd if you didn't know yet) and the weather has cooled down.

More roses down here!

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this! I love the polish, I love the roses and Rose, and you know my thoughts on Doctor Who! <3

    ReplyDelete