Thursday 3 July 2014

Oh Mon Dieu Part Deux - Lavender & Golden Oldie Thursday - Turquoise


Hi all!

During the month of July the Oh Mon Dieu Part Deux (OMD2) Nail Art Challenge is hosted by Brijit from Brijits Digits, Jacqui from Craftynail, Jemma from Eeeek! Nail Polish! and Lindsay from Nail That Accent!. There are awesome prizes to be won just for joining up, no judging or voting involved! For more information how to enter read this page.


Today is another combination post as it's also Golden Oldie Thursday! I had to combine the prompts Lavender and Turquoise, so here's the polishes I used:


Just a turquoise and a lavender today:
  • KIKO - Sugar Mat - 637 Turquoise
  • NYC - 257 Lavender Cupcake

I've had both for around a year now. The KIKO a few weeks shy of one year in fact as got bought it in Berlin during my holiday end of July 2013.


I am wearing one coat of Turquoise. It's opaque with one coat and less textured. Next I added french tips in different varieties with Lavender Cupcake. Dots on my little finger, using a dotting tool, irregular stripes with a nail art brush on my ring finger. Then we have an ordinary french line, also added with a brush on my middle finger and some zigzaggy action on my index finger.



On my thumb I added circles with a small straw... well officially it's one of those tubes they put on a nail art brush to protect the bristles... *winks*. I saw this technique first on Top Coat It, but she's not the one who came up with it.



Oh... and today is my 1 year blogiversary! *throws confetti*. Can't believe it's only been a year! I will host another giveaway later this month when I've got a bit more time! So stay tuned for that one!

Inlinkz below!

6 comments:

  1. Those look amazing with the straw circles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funky, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue and the detailing on the thumb! The colors work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 1 year!! I'm sad I didn't see this sooner so I could be on time with that, I'm terribly behind on blog reading /: But YAY! Nice nails too!!

    ReplyDelete