Friday 30 May 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday - Lilac


Hi all!

I know I'm a day late! I had my mani done earlier in the week... but I didn't manage to edit photos etc until today. This is also the last mani of my longer nail length *pouts*. Anyhow, inspiration came from this photo on internet. Macro shots of flowers are so gorgeous! And those lilacs are so pretty!


This week's polishes:
  • NYC - 257 Lavender Cupcake
  • HEMA - 55 Holographic Purple
  • Catrice - 800 Heavy Metallilac
  • Essence - Stampy polish white


First, let's just pretend you can't see my tea bag repair attempt on my index fingernail, okay? Moving right along... two easy coats of Lavender Cupcake as a base. On my thumb and ring finger I started with painting white flowers. Next I filled them in with the holographic purple (which is not holo much) and going over it with Heavy Metallilac because I liked that colour better. I redid some white outlines before applying top coat (HK Girl as always).




Close-up of the lilacs... Heavy Metallilac is one of my favourite purples... it almost glows, so pretty.


I enjoyed wearing this mani a lot, admittedly, I wore OPI's Push and Shove on the Cinderella hand. Also my tea bag repair lasted for a day. On day two my tear tore through the tea bag (I blame all the typing at work). I am back to short nails now, and it feels so strange! They're so tiny!

Give the other ladies a peek as well!

3 comments: