Friday 7 March 2014

Nail Art Ideas Linkup - March - Stamping


Hi all!

First of all, don't you adore the image for this month's N.A.I.L. challenge? I think it looks divine! This first week's theme is stamping. I pondered doing stamping decals or other fancy stamping stuff. I decided not to, I'll explain why. First of all, stamping can be a lovely addition to a mani without being all fancy. And I had to feature Lucky 13 Lacquer again. Why do you ask? Well, obviously because it's one of my favourite indie brands, but also because Kyoti of L13L is going to discontinue loads of polishes on March 11th. She's having a hard time keeping up with so many different ones (80+ different polishes currently), it is time for some to retire. But this also means she's working on lots of new stuff too! The entire list of polishes that will be discontinued can be found here. So get them while you still can!

Today's polish is on that list as well. I wanted this one since I saw it and I'm glad I bought it in my last order *winks*. Let's take a look at the beauty!


Here we have:



Quantum Locked is inspired by the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who *shivers*. When you look at an angel it becomes quantum locked, they turn into a stone statue, but don't blink!

Source
They are scary. And I'm not showing you a picture, because "that which holds the image of an angel becomes itself an angel". This polish is a lovely grey jelly with silver shreds. I do love shreds, they make a polish so unique. All my photos show 2 coats with top coat.



Because I love this polish and didn't want to add too much to it, I added some stamping with MoYou Fairytale 02.


Because the Weeping Angels have wings, I used the wing off the pegasus to stamp on my ring finger. I tried making a reverse image decal for my pinky, but I ruined it, making me redo that nail entirely (and not so well either).


On my thumb I just did a random pattern from the same plate, it transferred perfectly! Because it covers so much of Quantum Locked itself, I kept my other nails as they were.



I am very happy I own this polish now, and if you feel the need to own it too (it is very unique, you neeeeeed it), run to Lucky 13 Lacquer's shop now! You will find the entire list of discontinued polishes here. So many pretties...


Check out the other manis below!
---------------------------------------------

8 comments:

  1. I love this polish and your stamping!! Totally agree on the Weeping Angels being scary too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool grey polish! cool new plate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this mani! MoYou plates are so great, and I love how you kept it simple (I always go overboard and it gets messy) - and I'm soooo please you like my graphic so much :) it goes nicely with your theme, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love MoYou plates, I want them all *winks*. And I do love your graphic ♥, the trees remind me of other MoYou plates *chuckles*

      Delete
  4. I actually can't describe how much I love this. It is absolutely beautiful. The polish as well as the stamping makes it just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think greys are underestimated... they are like the new nude with a slight edge ;)

      Delete