Sunday 23 March 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet - Freestyle


Hi all!

Sorry for the lack of posts since Thursday. I had plans, but it does not help if you don't have time to edit photos... hence the lateness. Today's theme is Freestyle, which means you can do anything you want. Today I have some easy nail art that still looks great. And for those that did not see how I get distracted daily on my Facebook page... I present you my cuddly Beren:


Because lighttents are good sitting spots... if you didn't know already. The hubby snapped this photo of our Beren, looking adorable as ever. Anyway, back to today's theme...


Today's polishes:
  • Catrice - 35 Petrolpolitan
  • Catrice - 16 George Blueney
  • W7 - 28 Black
  • LynBDesigns - White Fang (note: it comes with a black cap, but I exchanged it for another brush to see if it would help improve my lack of polishing white polish skills)

Neither Petrolpolitan or George Blueney have been worn on their own... yet. Both are lovely shimmers and if it weren't for this odd craving for pastels I'm having (it must be spring), I would've worn them already.



I started with a base of White Fang, and then used my fan brush to add Petrolpolitan from side to side. I added George Blueney in a few random directions, as well as the black. On top of all that I went over them with more Petrolpolitan and black with using the dry brush technique from Chalkboard Nails.



In the close up of my thumb nail you can spot the use of the fan brush a bit. Plus you can distinguish the colours better.


This was relatively fast, which helps if you have little time to do your nails, but just enough to do some nail art. I really enjoyed wearing this, must do it more often!

More Freestyle nail art down in the Inlinkz!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, wat een mooie kat! En een prachtige mani. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love distressed look manis and this one in particular is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! The colors look amazing together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beren! 😍 en je nagels zijn ook mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome manicure! The white background makes the colours really stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really loving the distressed look lately, and this is a great example. It doesn't really look grungy. Rather, it looks more like being lost deep in the forest. Those colors all look amazing together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you... I love this look, but I refrain myself from doing too much of the same type of designs *winks*. But I'm pretty sure this won't be the last time I try this

      Delete