Thursday 20 February 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday - Chevron


Hi all!

Today we have chevrons... but subtle ones. And a bit sparkly.


Polishes I used:
  • Catrice - 890 How I Matt Your Mother
  • Miss Helen - unknown

How I Matt Your Mother is a so-called "brushed metal effect" polish. It dries matte as the name suggests and is a purple on the greyish scale. I got it somewhere in 2012. How I got the Miss Helen polish I have no clue. It's old. Miss Helen used to be HEMA's make-up name range, but they changed it to simply state HEMA a few years ago. It's a holographic microglitter top coat, the base looks purple, but it's super sheer.



I'm wearing two coats of How I Matt Your Mother with the holo topper on top. I used some chevron stickers I got a local mish-mash store (the kind you can get on eBay as well) that did not stick that well. So excuse the not so crisp chevron lines. I didn't top coat this to keep the matte versus gloss chevrons. On my thumb I simply coated the entire nail with the holo topper. Sparkly!





The last photo is intentionally left blurry to show the holo sparkliness.

Curious about other chevrons? Go check below!

No comments:

Post a Comment