Thursday 23 January 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday - Blue


Hi all!

Todays GOT is all about blue. My pickings were slim. I have two polishes I know for certain are older than a year, some are more like 10 months in my possession. So I forced myself to use my two oldest blues. It was agony. So let's look at these two annoying polish children of mine.


Here we have an unnamed and unnumbered Manhattan "fluo club" polish and Essence's 14 Rock Rebell you've seen last week in my Stripes mani as well. I really cannot remember how I got the light blue polish or how old it is, it is ancient. Manhattan is a German drugstore brand I believe, not sure it is even available here.


I had this idea of doing swirly sprouty things on my nails, it looked so nice in my head.... Until I started polishing my nails with this. Yes, that is a very visible nail line you see... and I am wearing 4 coats of the fluo club polish. Four!!! I gave up after four, I should have done a pond mani with this instead. Anyways... after four coats I grabbed my smalles nail art brush. Then the next agonising part came... getting my swirly sprouty things on. Rock Rebell did not agree. I told you last time it was thick and gloopy and difficult to work with. Try doing nail art with it. It dried nearly instantly on my brush, making it very difficult to get nice clean swirls. Doing detailed work with a thickening polish is awful.



As you can see I persisted and did five nails... it took forever. I did not do my right hand in the end, I ran out of evening! So my poor right hand went bare for a day (just some base coat). Yes, I know, heresy, but it happened. I do like this design, but I feel I could have done better if I had used different polishes.



How do you feel about seeing a visible nail line? Do you mind? It looks so wrong to me, I don't know what it is.

Let's look at what the other ladies did with their blues!

4 comments:

  1. I like the design too, it's a shame the base colour wasn't more pigmented :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to give this a go! Though, my free-hand sucks so it'll be interesting :)

      Delete
    2. I would love to see your mani! And practice makes your free handing better! Mine's not perfect either ;)

      Delete