Monday 9 December 2013

Nail Art Ideas Linkup - December - Snowflakes


There are several challenges for the holidays going around, but I wanted one that does not require me to do that many mani's a week. Plus some have already started. I decided to join in for the Nail Art Ideas Linkup (N.A.I.L.) december one! One mani a week, very doable and I can still do other things in between.I am posting the week 1 mani a day late, I'm sure you don't mind. The first week is about snowflakes. I love snowflakes, I think they're so very beautiful and I could look at macro photographs of real snowflakes all day. The MoYou London Festive plate 02 is definitely on my wish list.


Polishes from left to right:
  • Lucky 13 Lacquer - Mist and Shadow, Cloud and Shade
  • KIKO - 300 Pearly malachite green
  • Catrice - 42 Nickel Minaj
  • Barry M - Nail Art Pen white

I am wearing Mist and Shadow, Cloud and Shade on my thumb, index finger and pinky. It is a soft lavender with blue hexagon glitters (several sizes) and square holographic glitter in several sizes as well. It is part of Lucky 13 Lacquer's There And Back Again collection, inspired by the Misty Mountains of Middle Earth. Pictures show 3 coats with top coat.




On my middle and ring finger I applied 2 coats of KIKO Pearly Malachite Green which I had hoped would come close to the blue glitter in Mist and Shadow, Cloud and Shade. It didn't. To soften it down I covered it with Nickel Minaj and dabbed with some foil wrap to create a saran wrap effect. I then applied snowflakes with my white Barry M nail art pen. I'm pretty happy how those turned out.




Even though the colours don't match that well, I still like this. Some of the other ladies did lovely snowflake mani's, go check them out!


2 comments:

  1. I love your snowflakes and that Lucky 13 Lacquer is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks, I love all my Lucky 13 Lacquers, they're all so pretty!

      Delete