Wednesday 20 November 2013

33DC2013 Day 26 - Something from Pinterest


I have wanted to recreate this manicure from Pinterest since I saw it months ago. Took me a while to finally do it! I didn't want to copy it completely, so I used different colours and 2 accent nails instead of one!


From left to right:
  • Essence - 128 Let's get lost
  • Catrice - 42 Nickel Minaj

The colour of Let's get lost is not correct in the top picture, it is much closer to the other pictures, though perhaps less blue, more turquoise.



Both polishes needed 2 coats to get it opaque. When it was dry, I started stippling with my smallest dotting tool... lots and lots of dots! I topcoated it with HK Girl topcoat.



I wore this over a month ago during a volunteer beauty day (partly organised by work). We helped an organisation that helps people with disabilities have a great beauty day at a local beauty school. They could get their hair and make-up done by the students of the school. I brought a selection of nail polishes and did a few manicures. I chose to wear a simple manicure in case anyone wanted my manicure on their nails as well. Two clients wanted this stippled manicure, others wanted simple dotted flowers. But they were all happy with their fancy nails! I do not have pictures to show you of that day (pictures were taken, but can't be used publicly to ensure the privacy of everyone that attended). It felt great making those ladies happy with something as simple as this.



I love the simplicity and elegance of this manicure. I think it will look good in a lot of other colour combinations as well. Black/White, Red/Gold, Black/Gold, Black/Silver, Navy/White... possibilities are endless!

6 comments:

  1. These look great and I love the colors you chose! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, awesome color combo:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still happy with the combo as well, though the original black and white is lovely too.

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful. What a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are tons of brilliant ideas floating around on Pinterest :)

      Delete