Monday 9 September 2013

Grey skittlette

Today I have a skittlette mani for you. The term was first used by Marta from Chit Chat Nails, read all about it here. It's one of my favourite kind of mani's, besides the simple accent nails.


From left to right:
  • Catrice LE NEONaturals C05 Have A Good Day
  • Catrice - 42 Nickel Minaj
  • Essence stampy polish - 001 stamp me! white
  • Essence stampy polish - 002 stamp me! black
  • Sparkles By Julie - Snow City



I also used two images from Gals image plates, GA7 and GA14.


Have A Good Day is a lovely grey polish, there's a very subtle shimmer visible in the bottle, it's not so apparent on the nail. I am wearing 2 coats.


I started with stamping the mesh image from plate GA7 on my middle finger and pinky. I started with black, then I stamped with Nickel Minaj and finally with white. On my index finger I stamped with Nickel Minaj and used the swirly pattern from GA14. I love the layered stamping, but it won't work with all patterns, I tried it on my right hand with scale pattern of GA14 but it wasn't a big success, so I did not use it for my left hand.



On my thumb and ring finger I applied one coat of Snow City. Snow City is a black and white glitter mix that contains hexagon and bar glitters. There is also some micro holographic glitter in there. I picked this polish up from a sale on Mei Mei's Signatures. Sparkles By Julie is no longer available, because the maker had to quit when she moved from the USA to Norway. Such a shame because it is a lovely polish. There are other brands with similar polishes though that are still available. Chalkboard Nails did a comparison post of a lot of mostly black and white glitter toppers here.


I was very pleased with this skittlette, this type of mani has endless possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment