Saturday 17 August 2013

Studded Mermaid & Snow Angels

Today's manicure is another one with studs. I actually wore this manicure a few days ago. I apologise in advance for the quality of the pictures. I had to make them before I left for work very early in the morning with limited natural light. After work I dashed off to a friend, then dinner came and went and before I knew it daylight was fading again.

The polishes I used are:


From left to right:
  • KIKO - 343 (spring green)
  • Catrice - 44 Mermaid My Day
  • Jindie Nails - Snow Angels

Snow Angels is one of Jindie Nails polishes I bought a few months ago from Mei Mei's Signatures, an online store based in Singapore. Jindie Nails does not ship outside the US, but she will open her shop to international shipping on rare occasions. It is much easier to get her polishes from one of her stockists if you live outside US. Mei Mei's Signatures is a dangerous place... so many brands to choose from, it might hurt your wallet *winks*.


The creator of Jindie Nails, Jen, describes this creation as a polish that has a pastel teal crelly base nail polish, with light pink dots, matte white small to extra large hex, iridescent hex and squares and satin matte teal hex, squares and other shapes. The white hexes are indeed extra large, something you don't see a lot. There is no need to fish for glitter here, there is plenty. The iridescent hexes are lovely, it makes the polish very interesting to look at.


For this mani I used Snow Angels as an accent on my thumb and ring finger. I painted 2 coats of Snow Angels over one layer of Mermaid My Day. Biggest mistake I made. Not because it does not look nice... it stained my nails. Ugh. There's actually a few blotches of a blueish hue on there. Even more ugh. My other nails have one coat of KIKO 343 as a base colour, then 2 coats of Mermaid My Day. Those nails did not get stained by the way. Nor did the nails on my right hand that did not get the KIKO base and 3 coats of Mermaid. I wore Essence studio nails 24/7 nail base on all my nails like always. Something in the combination of Mermaid with Snow Angels layered over it did the staining. It is not Mermaid My Day on it's own. I have worn Snow Angels on it's own as well with no staining either. It is the combination.



The nails with Mermaid My Day got one square 3mm stud. I placed the stud in wet top coat and sealed it in with a layer of top coat.



A simple manicure that looked nice. I don't always have time for elaborate nail art, this is easy to do and looks nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment