Thursday 1 August 2013

Leopard on the Green

Just a few weeks ago my mum told me she bought a top she thought I might like. My mum does that sometimes, even if she knows I can buy my own clothes. That's how mums are. But she was right, I do like the top and it is very comfortable to wear. Of course I had to do some nail art inspired by it.

I decided to use the colours in the top in a gradient and add black leopard spots. These are the polishes I used:


From left to right:
  • Catrice - 810 ACid DC
  • Catrice - 740 King of Greens
  • KIKO - 300 (pearly malachite green)
  • Essence - 14 Rock Rebell
  • Rimmel - 800 Black Out

KIKO calls their 300 a pearly malachite green, I think that name is poorly chosen. It is not even close to the green of a malachite stone. It is much closer to a dark teal leaning on blue. It is a beautiful colour though and is lovely to just wear on it's own. My toenails agree *winks*.


Because time is limited these days I only wore the gradient on my ring fingers and thumbs. I am keeping myself busy with work and our garden needs attention as well. I painted the greens and blues on a make-up sponge and dabbed the gradient on my nails.



I am wearing ACid DC on my pinky and King of Greens on my index and middle finger. I wore it vice versa on my right hand by the way. I adore those two Catrice greens and it is sad they are no longer available.



I decided to keep the leopard simple, just black spots and nothing more, just like the top that inspired it. I should do more gradients so I can get better at it *nods*.


And of course the top that inspired this. I think I was able to get very close to the actual colours and enjoyed wearing this mani.

For my next post I have something that is old, yet new, borrowed and blue *winks* but it has nothing to do with weddings!

No comments:

Post a Comment