Thursday 8 August 2013

Catrice swatches - 5 new colours

I was in Kruidvat today and to my surprise I noticed the 5 new Catrice colours have arrived! I absolutely did not expect them this soon. I had to get them all and show them to you. They took up the spots of the polishes that were discontinued and are therefore scattered throughout the display. They are not listed in order of number. The ribboncard that displays the numbers does have a clear yellow NEW sign on them though which makes them easier to spot.


From left to right:
  • Catrice - 41 Two Million Dollar Baby
  • Catrice - 42 Nickel Minaj
  • Catrice - 43 Miami pINK
  • Catrice - 44 Mermaid My Day
  • Catrice - 45 Kitch Me If You Can

I swatched them all on swatch sticks that have a basecoat. None of the swatches have top coat. I'll start with both glitter top coats, I have comparison pictures because the glitters are not the same size.


Two Million Dollar Baby is a glitter top coat with larger silver hexagon glitters and gold microglitter. The swatch shows 2 coats. Half is over a base of black, half on it's own. When I first saw the bottle shots from Catrice's website I thought it would be a gold glitter. I was pleasantly surprised it isn't, I'm not too fond of gold myself. It stands out well over a black base.



Kitch Me If You Can is a glitter top coat with larger salmon pink hexagon glitters and holographic microglitter. Kitch Me If You Can has larger glitters than Two Million Dollar Baby and the holographic glitters make this a really interesting topper.




Nickel Minaj is a silver metallic. The brush stroke is very visible, like with most metallic polishes. My swatch is with 3 coats, no top coat. Adding top coat would smooth it out more, but I wanted to take an accurate swatch.



Miami pINK is a bold pink with fuchsia micro flakes. It is very sheer. I made pictures with 3 coats and with 5. It still was not opaque after 5 coats. I do like the colour and microflakes, I suggest layering it over a creme of a similar colour.







Mermaid My Day is a teal shimmer. I love the colour, but it is also very sheer. Again I took pictures with 3 and 5 coats. It was still not completely opaque after 5 coats. I'm disappointed about how sheer this is, though this could make it useful for a glitter sandwich.





Overall this is an interesting mix of new colours. I am disappointed about how sheer Mermaid My Day and Miami pINK are. I am too used to Catrice making cremes that are opaque in 2 coats I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment